This is the section of dentistry that deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of periodontal diseases.
Diseases of the gums often exist silently, meaning that the symptoms occur when the disease progresses.
The warning signs for gum disease are the following:
- Red, swollen, inflamed gums or pain in the oral cavity;
- Bleeding during brushing or eating solid food;
- Receding gums from the teeth, in which teeth appear longer than before;
- Loss or separation of the teeth;
- Pus between the teeth and gums;
- Persistent bad breath;
- Change in the way you bite;
- Change in the adjusting of partial dentures.
If some of the above symptoms are manifested you should consult with a periodontist.
Periodontal diseases are gingivitis and periodontitis.
- Removal of infection and inflammatory process by regularly removing plaque and tartar;
- Correction of hard and soft tissues, which facilitates the removal of plaque and improves aesthetics;
- Regenerative strategies for elimination of periodontal defects.
Untreated periodontal infection leads to impaired aesthetics and hamper the function of the masticatory apparatus. Many people do not know that they have this serious problem, which can lead to tooth loss if not treated. It contributes to the deepening of certain systematic conditions, including diabetes and cardiovascular disease. To achieve predictable and lasting results, periodontitis should be treated before starting the restorative, aesthetic and implantology treatment.
Send an inquiry
Phone:+359 888 577 677